Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- SkinLock: After 2-3 hours, gently wash it off using warm water and pat it dry.
Bandage: Keep bandage on for 2 hours, and then remove.
- Wash with warm water and blot dry. Use mild soap to ensure the tattoo stays clean and free of bacteria, but be sure not to rub the tattoo while drying.
- Do NOT pick, scratch or rub scabs. The scabs are essential to proper healing of the tattoo. If a scab comes off early it can result in dipping of the skin and loss of ink.
- Do NOT soak or swim until scabs are gone. Again, it is very important to be careful with the scabs. If you soak the tattoo it can cause the scabs to come off prematurely. You must treat this like an open wound until healed.
- Relieve itching by slapping. We understand that tattoos can get itchy during the healing process. Try not to scratch the tattoo at all, but if you must relieve the itch remember to slap the tattoo.
- Apply lotion twice daily for at least 10 days, washing tattoo and hands before applying. We recommend a basic, non-scented, non-greasy white lotion like Lubriderm.
- Keep tattoo open to air, do NOT bandage. The tattoo needs to breathe. When bandaged the tattoo may start to weep. Weeping can cause ink to push out through the new tattoo. This may result in colour loss.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun for first month. The sun can fade the colour in your new tattoo. We want to make sure that the layers of skin have time to rebuild before exposure to the sun. Once the tattoo is healed we recommend that you use sunscreen on the tattoo to maintain it's colours. Do NOT tan during the healing stage. If you are tanning after the tattoo is healed make sure to cover the tattoo with a cloth to protect those colours.
- Wear loose clothing until healed. Because the tattoo needs to breathe during the healing process it is important to wear loose clothing so the air can circulate. It also minimizes the chances of scabs being rubbed off prematurely. Loose clothing will also protect your tattoo from the sun.